Seven Lincs are proud to introduce our academy by welcoming anyone with a minimum of a Class 2 HGV / LGV Category C Licence. This will suit anyone with a willingness to learn, and the desire to build a career in the haulage industry.
This approach has helped us introduce the next generation of drivers into the industry who may not have considered driving as a career, or not had the means to fund it in the past. We feel this is pivotal in our stance to tackling the driver shortage in the UK as it is reported that the UK will be looking for an extra 150,000 drivers by 2020! If you look around you now, most of what you can see would have been delivered by a lorry at some part of its supply chain journey. The perception we are looking to instil within the next generation is that driving is a professional occupation that can go places – quite literally of course – leading to a prosperous career.
Driver CPC Training
- Understanding Drivers' Hours, Working Time & Tachograph Recordings
- Daily Walk-Round Checks, Defect Reporting & Safe Loading
- Health & Safety Awareness for Goods Vehicles Drivers / Fuel Efficient Driving / Safety on the Road
- Professional Driver Update
- A Drivers Guide to Operator Licensing / Customer Care& Driver Security
- Accident Procedures, Speed Awareness & Poor Weather Driving / Fitness to Drive & Cycle
- Safety Awareness
- Emergency First Aid at Work
Be Your Own Boss
Another opportunity we offer is our ‘Be Your Own Boss’ scheme which supports you in your journey while you building your own business. Providing you can obtain an Operator’s Licence, provide the relevant insurance certificates required, and you feel you have what it takes to be your own boss, then we can supply you with a vehicle, inclusive of maintenance and tyres, a trailer, fuel card (if required) suitable work in order to maximise profitability, as well as any advice you may need along the way.
We are working in partnership with Hamilton’s Driving Training who have over 30 years of experience of LGV/HGV training - www.hamiltonsdrivertraining.co.uk.
To follow them on Facebook and Twitter click below -